The expanded Centene Campus is designed to create public open spaces and pedestrian experiences that encourage a healthy environment.
The buildings will be World Class LEED Gold Certified.
- Phase One of the proposed project on Forsyth Boulevard, directly east of the current headquarters, will include approximately 660,000 square feet of office and retail space. Parking facilities will be located under the 20-story office building in a podium and a separate structure on Forsyth that is contemplated to include 40,000 square feet of retail space.
- Phase Two of the preliminary plans on Forsyth, east of Carondelet Avenue and bordered to the south by Forest Park Parkway, will include approximately 400,000 square feet of office and retail space, a 120-room corporate-sponsored hotel, an auditorium with over 1000 seats and a conference training space for up to 750 people. This phase will also include additional parking.
- Long term future plans provide for replacing the existing buildings on Carondelet Avenue west of Hanley with approximately 512,000 square feet of office space and required structured parking in a podium adjacent to the new office building.
“St. Louis labor leaders and the Building and Construction Trades Council support the proposed expansion of Centene Corporation’s Clayton campus. The estimated $550 million investment in construction costs for the world class LEED Gold certified buildings will generate 470 union construction jobs per year for four years. These jobs, in addition to the 2,000 Centene will bring to Clayton once the project is completed, are a valuable investment that will benefit the entire St. Louis region and state of Missouri.”
– Pat White, President, St. Louis Labor Council
– Jeff Aboussie, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, St. Louis Building and Construction Trades Council
“We are extremely proud of what Centene has accomplished and could not be more excited to help turn this development project into reality. We are fully committed to the expansion and the economic development incentives needed to secure these jobs for people in our community. We look forward to a long partnership and further growth for Centene.”
– Joe Reagan, President and CEO, St. Louis Regional Chamber