Enhancing Centene's Culture with Employee Inclusion Groups
Business, Innovations & Initiatives
Centene's commitment to diversity and inclusion is a vital part of who we are and how we serve our members and communities.
To bolster our inclusive culture, we cultivate companywide Employee Inclusion Groups (EIGs). Open to all employees across our organization, our EIGs are voluntary, employee-led groups that drive impact by promoting the attraction, development, and retention of the best talent at all levels. Our EIGs are an important means of representing the diversity of the communities in which we serve.
EIGs provide professional and leadership development opportunities, contribute to community engagement initiatives, and support business innovation and corporate best practices. Because of their significant value, Centene supports the EIGs through leadership involvement, executive mentorship, and other resources.
This video spotlights the opportunities our EIGs offer employees, along with some of the amazing work that participants contribute across the company and within the communities we serve.
More than 5,000 Centene employees have joined an EIG. The mission statements of the respective groups are listed below:
ABILITY: People with Disabilities Network
- The mission of the Employees with Disabilities Employee Inclusion Group is to support and enable employees to fully contribute and reach their full potential in the workplace. The EIG works to challenge the stereotypes and stigma associated with people with disabilities and to expand disability cultural competency throughout the company. We do this by focusing on education, engagement, accessibility, talent enhancement, and community involvement in order to drive engagement and performance.
CenVet: Veterans and Military Families Network
- Our commitment to engagement with veterans and military families extends to our workforce. Centene's Veterans and Military Families Employee Inclusion Group was established to provide support and resources for employees who have served in the armed forces, and those related to a service member or former service member
cPRIDE: LGBTQ+ Network
- Centene's LGBTQ+ Employee Inclusion Group supports an inclusive work environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all employees in order to promote the ability to bring their full selves to work and ultimately enhance employee engagement and retention. The EIG works to provide development, support and networking opportunities for its members while providing guidance on how Centene can be an even greater place for LGBTQ+ employees to work.
MOSAIC: Multicultural Network
- With a footprint covering 32 states and three countries, representing the communities we serve is a vital part of how we embrace our corporate purpose: transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Our Multicultural Employee Inclusion Group provides peer support for employees of all racial and ethnic backgrounds through networking, mentoring, and coaching. It also promotes education and awareness, and supports employee engagement and retention.
I.N.S.P.I.R.E.: Women's Network
- Centene's Women's Employee Inclusion Group aims to further help its members meet their professional and personal goals at all career and life stages. The EIG is focused on leveraging tools such as targeted development sessions, mentoring and community engagement to develop women as leaders and prepare them to take on leadership opportunities at all levels of the company. Members support the recruitment, development, promotion and retention of women leaders and work to keep Centene as the employer of choice among professional women.