Prioritizing Whole Health While Social Distancing
Health & Wellness
As social distancing measures are put in place to contain the spread of COVID-19, it can be jarring to feel isolated from family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. In these unprecedented times, it's more important than ever to focus on holistic health, a central tenet of Centene's commitment to treating the whole person. Centene and its health plans recommend making your "whole health" a priority by concentrating on actionable items, which can provide comfort during uncertain times.
Stress, worry, and anxiety may be increasing for many of us worldwide. These tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Mayo Clinic may help you feel more at ease by addressing both physical and mental health:
- Nourish your body. Be sure to eat a well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
- Take time to incorporate physical activity into your day, whether it's a high-intensity workout or gentle stretching.
- Explore new modalities of care. If you've been curious about meditation, yoga, or other holistic practices, now could be an ideal time to read up, download an app, or research ways to get started.
- Check in with relatives, friends, and neighbors. Whether it's by email, text, video or an old-fashioned phone call, discussing concerns and sharing ways to help one another can foster human connection and help combat loneliness in times of uncertainty.
- Follow a balanced "media diet." Don't be afraid to take a break from social media or national and local news if you feel it's negatively impacting your emotional or mental health.
While our daily routines may look different now, ensuring the health of our members, employees, and communities is Centene's uncompromising priority. Centene recently launched a COVID-19 Resource Center to ensure our members, employees, and partners can access the most up-to-date information. By working together, we can help each other stay healthy and safe.