Medicaid is the largest health insurance program in the U.S. which covers low-income families, individuals with disabilities and the elderly. Centene offers Medicaid plans across the country through contracts with the state departments. The population covered depends on the contract type, but could include one or more of the following groups.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – coverage for uninsured low-income families
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) – expanded coverage for uninsured children that do not meet Medicaid eligibility requirements
- Foster Care – coverage for children involved with child welfare agencies that coordinates the medical, behavioral and social services
- Aged, Blind & Disabled (ABD) – coverage for people with disabilities who have limited income and resources that are also on Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Long-Term Care – coverage for people with a chronic illness or disability
See our listing of states on the left that we offer Medicaid services for and to learn more about each state.